Are your students interested in pilots, astronauts, and aviators? Are you looking for a way to direct them through the research process but aren't sure where to begin? This guided research packet provides them with a detailed guide that will help them find appropriate resources and questions to jump start their learning. After that, it will take them on a step-by-step journey to creating a life sized version of their chosen aviator to display in the hallway. There are 4 major measurement standards included with the math portion of the project where your students will not only research the aviator, but also measure all parts of their body!
This project integrates technology, reading, research, writing, social studies, and math. This is a guided research packet featuring 28 famous pilots and astronauts from the 20th and 21st centuries.
Best of all, this is EDITABLE! No matter which famous aviator your students (or student groups) choose, you can type in their name on their packet pages. I've also created a separate packets for males and females (depending on who your student chooses to research). Pictures of the finished product are included as well.
Included in this packet:
* Research packet covers (both in color and blackline)
* QR codes to guide your students to safe research sites
* Check off list - to keep your students on track and help them know what comes next
* Printable - webbing what I already know
* Printable - 5 W's and How graphic organizer
* Printable -3-2-1 research summary sheet
* Printable - quote bubble to include a famous quote
* Printable - timeline organization sheet
* Printable - formal timeline of the person's life (with space for up to 5 relevant dates)
* Printable - nonstandard measurement
* Printable - estimating measurement
* Printable - standard measurement
* Printable - metric measurement
* Printable - comparing length