This project contains 21 famous authors important to children's literature. After the individual pages are completed, they fit together to create a large class "quilt" poster. It can be displayed in the classroom or in a common area of the school to show off just how amazing some of our most favorite authors are! Perfect for Children's Literature Month and National Book Week!
What's included in this project?
~ A quilt page for each of the following authors important to children's literature:
- A.A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)
- Arnold Lobel (Frog & Toad)
- Beatrix Potter (Peter Rabbit)
- Beverly Cleary (Ramona Quimby)
- Chris Van Allsburg (Polar Express, Jumanji)
- David Weisner (Flotsam, Tuesday, The Three Pigs)
- Don Freeman (Corduroy)
- E.B. White (Charlotte's Web)
- Eric Carle (The Hungry Catepillar, Brown Bear)
- James Marshall (Miss Nelson is Missing, George & Martha)
- Jan Brett (The Mitten, Gingerbread Baby)
- Jon Scieszka (The Stinky Cheese Man, The True Story of the Three Little Pigs)
- Judy Blume (Superfudge, Freckle Juice, Are You There God, It's Me Margaret)
- Lane Smith (It's a Book, The Stinky Cheese Man)
- Leo Lionni (Swimmy, A Color of His Own)
- Maurice Sendak (Where the Wild Things Are)
- Mo Willems (Elephant & Piggy, Don't Let the Pigeon...)
- Roald Dahl (The BDG, Charlie & the Chocolate Factory)
- Shel Silverstein (Where the Sidewalk Ends)
- Theodor Geisel (Cat in the Hat, The Lorax)
- William Steig (Shrek, Amos & Boris)
▀ Study one children's author each day of the month.
▀ Allow each student to research one famous author.
▀ Staple pages together to make the quilt OR attach the pages together by punching a small hole in the corners and tying them together.
If you like this project, you may also like Women's History Project
or Black History Month Class Project.