Famous Inventors Biographies - Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Create a love of biographies with these informational texts and reading comprehension activities. This reading bundle includes texts on famous inventors, famous African Americans, and the US presidents. There are 85 biographies in this download that will be sure to engage your students in reading noPrice $10.25Original Price $13.75Save $3.50
- Introduce your upper elementary and middle school students to famous inventors with these Famous Inventors Biographies and matching Bulletin Board. These science reading comprehension passages and questions are the perfect way to connect science, social studies and reading. The high interest, non-fPrice $6.50Original Price $7.75Save $1.25
Introduce your upper elementary and middle school students to famous inventors with these Famous Inventors Biographies. These science reading comprehension passages and questions are the perfect way to connect science, social studies, and reading. These high-interest, non-fiction passages give your 3rd through 7th grade students the opportunity to connect science, social studies, and language arts while also focusing on reading comprehension and summarization.
These Famous Inventors Biographies Science Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions are perfect to use any time of the year. Use as part of an inventors of the month activity, science or social studies inventors unit, morning work, ELA or science center, or print each page to put together in a famous inventors biography book for each student. Use this set as a no-prep printable resource, or use it with EASEL to convert to a digital activity your students can complete on their electronic devices. With 30 pages in this set, you will have science reading comprehension passages and questions to last you the entire year.
The Famous Inventors Biographies Science Reading Comprehension Passages and Questions set includes:
- 10 non-fiction articles
- 10 Question pages (one for each inventor)
Two Printing Options Available For You:
- Full Page Text with 1/2 Page Questions (2 to a page)
- 1/2 Page Text with 1/2 Page Questions
The following people are included in this set:
- Amelia Earhart
- Benjamin Franklin
- Thomas Edison
- Albert Einstein
- Marie Curie
- Steve Jobs
- Johannes Gutenberg
- Wright Brothers
- Eli Whitney
- George Washington Carver
Spark a love of science with these high-interest, science-based reading passages. A great way to meet multiple standards with one activity.
Ways to implement:
- Inventor of the Month: Create a place in your classroom (bulletin board, wall, door, etc.) to display the inventor of the month. Students can read the information on the inventor and complete one of the info sheets provided in this resource. There can be designated time for this, such as morning work or when students finish classwork early.
- ELA or Science Workstation: Students can read about each inventor, discuss with teams, then complete the information sheets provided.
- Articles can be printed and put together as a book, displayed around the classroom, or put in small groups for station activities!
- Encourage students to ask questions about the inventors and later research them. This will increase a love for science in students while allowing the students to think critically about the text.
Whatever you choose, students will LOVE learning about famous inventors! :)
See the preview for additional information!
Teachers Like You Say:
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students love nonfiction more and more every year. One of their favorite topics is inventions. They were really interested in these passages."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I love how this lesson is available on Easel, which makes distance learning so much easier, for the students and me, the teacher."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "Used this to introduce my students to biographies. We did one person a day, I also shared a video clip of that person prior to each. It's a wonderful resource with much potential. You can do so many different things with it to truly make it a long-lasting, engaging unit."
Be sure to check out these other informational resources on historical figures you and your students are sure to love!
- U.S. Presidents Informational Articles and Yearbook
- African American History Biographies Informational Articles
- Women in Science Biographies
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Go to your My Purchases page (log in first). Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment. You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
Having difficulty with a file?
Visit the FAQs section, submit a help ticket, or ask a question on the Q& A tab before leaving feedback.
Copyright © Chloe Campbell
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.