Learn about the notable New Zealand heroes on our banknotes: Sir Edmund Hillary, Kate Sheppard, Sir Apirana Ngata and Ernest Rutherford. Improve reading comprehension in your classroom with our differentiated close reading passages and questions. Also useful to integrate into a financial literacy unit. This pack includes FOUR Year Five and Six non-fiction passages with six pages of engaging text-dependent questions and higher-order thinking tasks. These activities are great for your guided reading program, or as homework tasks.
These link directly to the New Zealand Curriculum, Level Three, Listening, Reading and Viewing (see the Activity Information pages for more details on the exact skills found in each activity).
This resource would also be suitable for Year Seven and Eight learners as the higher order thinking activities will keep them challenged and engaged!
What this resource is all about:
The purpose of this resource is to provide ready-to-go texts and engaging higher order thinking questions.
This resource is jam-packed with exciting, thought-provoking activities to grab your students’ attention AND hold it. The activities begin at the lower levels of Blooms Taxonomy (Remember, Understand, Apply) and move through to the higher levels (Analyse, Evaluate, Create).
In this pack you will receive:
1. Four texts - all with an extended and scaffold version:
2. SIX corresponding NO PREP Higher Order Thinking Activities based on Blooms Taxonomy and aligned with the NZ Curriculum
Reading Comprehension Strategies included:
3. Graphic Organiser and Activity Examples
4. Teacher Answer Key for applicable questions
5. Two 'Tips For Use' pages with ways to use this resource in your classroom.
6. Close Reading bookmarks in colour and black and white.
7. A list of references and internet links to further information
This resource features British English spelling e.g. colour, analyse
You May Also Like:
We really appreciate your feedback! Leaving feedback earns you TPT credits!
Stay in touch