Famous painters Jeopardy style game show! An excellent introduction, practice or revision for your 3rd to 7th Grade students. In a game show setting, your students will get lots of fun with the following 15 art and painting questions:
1. What artist is best known for a painting of his mother?
2. Who is credited as the designer of the many statues which decorated the Parthenon?
3. What artist sold a balloon dog for $58.4 million?
4. What landmark work came about from a friend's request for a self-portrait of Rene Magritte?
5. What painter was married to Mexican artist Diego Rivera?
6. Who painted "Sunday Afternoon on the Island of La Grande Jatte" (1884-86)?
7. Who painted "The Scream"?
8. What late 19th-century French painter was known for his pictures of ballet dancers?
9. What is the main visual element in Impressionist painting?
10. Who were the models that posed for Grant Wood's famous painting, American Gothic?
11. Romanesque art prevailed during what time period?
12. What painting attracted more visitors to the Louvre Museum AFTER it was stolen?
13. Who painted The Persistence of Memory?
14. Who painted the Mona Lisa?
15. Which of the following is a famous work of pointillism?
This game includes answers, an image and a brief explanation. Ideal to play in teams. Scored manually.
If you like this resource also check Mesopotamia game show
Having problems? Don't worry! Let's get this game going! Just drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can get it working for you.
If you have a smartboard or any other type of interactive whiteboard, you can also use the projection from those and just use the interactive portion without having to convert the file to whatever it is you use! If you're able to "play" a regular PowerPoint, you should be able to play this one too!
Click the star to follow me... you will know right away when I've posted new products.