Vocabulary acquisition is an important element of reading and eloquent speaking. This resource will help you replace everyday words and phrases used in the classroom with “fancier” words and phrases. I used these words in my second grade classroom and I was AMAZED at how quickly my students caught on and started using them.
Examples of Usage:
1. If you are ravenous and ready to go to lunch, clear off your desks!
2. Let’s transition from the carpet to our desks.
3. I am displeased that my class is having trouble following directions!
4. Since we are diligent students, we will read the directions first!
5. I am frustrated that my projector isn’t working!
6. Please make sure all your remnants get into the recycle bin!