ten questions for students to answer as they watch the original Fantasia movie from 1940. This movie is currently available on Netflix 1.23.2015
1. When listening to the Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by Johann Sebastian Bach, what pictures come to mind? (Draw or explain)
2. Use three different adjectives to describe the Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. 1.
3. While listening to the Nutcracker Suite by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, list five different creatures or objects that you see brought to life during the dances.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
￼4. In the Sorcerer’s Apprentice by Paul Dukas, Mickey Mouse gets himself into trouble by doing what?
5. In the Rite of Spring by Igor Stravinsky, what story do the animators tell?
6. Ludwig van Beethoven’s Pastoral Symphony is drawn to represent characters from classical mythology. Name a few of these characters.
7. The next selection is Dance of the Hours by Amilcare Ponchielli. This ballet was originally written in four sections. What are they?
1. 2. 3. 4.
8. During the finale of Dance of the Hours, what happens to the palace?
9. Night on Bald Mountain by Modest Mussorgsky is the final number in Fantasia. Do you think that the animators chose a good visual representation of the music? Why or why not?
10. Which song was your favorite and why?