Looking for a fun new read aloud to start your year?
My students loved this book, which is a great way to explore the world and its living creatures - great connections if you also teach science of social studies. The book is also full of RICH vocabulary.
Read about the book here: http://www.amazon.com/Fantastic-Flying-Journey-Gerald-Durrell/dp/0671649825/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1404313061&sr=8-1&keywords=fantastic+flying+journey
This is a FULL unit for the Fantastic Flying Journey, including:
- Questions for each chapter
- A vocabulary sheet for students
- Vocabulary labels for your word wall
- Vocabulary quizzes for every 2 chapters (chapters are paired)
- Writing Project for End of the book (3 choices) & Rubric
- Answer Keys for all Questions
- A log to keep track of the animals
- A world map to keep track of travels
Questions are designed to hit common core standards - character traits, cause and effect, details, real life connections and more.
Like this unit? Be sure to check out my other book units!