Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.43 MB | approx 25 pages
This engaging and detailed resource pack has been designed to make the learning of fronted adverbials easily accessible, engaging and interesting for all children. Throughout the lesson, students learn to improve their skill at using appropriate, concise, and precise fronted adverbials within their own writing compositions. In addition to the comprehensive lesson, resources, and plan, it also includes a fronted adverbials writing mat to assist students in building their extended writing skills.
The lesson follows a clear, logical, bite-size learning journey, which guides students towards differentiated learning objectives. Over the course of this journey, they become able to:
- Define what fronted adverbials are;
- Identify fronted adverbials in sentences;
- Analyse and evaluate what it is that makes some fronted adverbials more effective than others;
- Write an extended piece with the employment of fronted adverbials;
-Peer/self-assess learning attempts.
This resource pack includes:
- A visually engaging whole-lesson PowerPoint presentation;
- A clear and interesting worksheet for the development task;
- An interesting short story for students to analyse;
- A hyperlink to an engaging and heart-warming video through a hyperlink in the presentation;
- A detailed lesson plan, complete with what the teacher and students should aim to achieve at each stage of the lesson.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final slide of the PowerPoint/ the bottom of worksheets.