Students and teachers will love the new phenomenon… Marker Pen spelling ….an easy, effective and engaging way to teach spelling!
All you need is a set of coloured markers and this spelling booklet. Explore the words in Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl in a COLOURFUL way! SEE PREVIEW for a sneak peek.
This is not a list of spelling words – this is EXCITING – this teaches students about HOW WORDS WORK which leads to improved spelling skills.
This package includes:
• An engaging 29-page student BOOKLET,
• TEACHER GUIDE,
• AND an ANSWER booklet.
Teachers, the hard work has been done for you!
The activities are designed around the 4 forms of spelling knowledge. They include:
• Compound words – open, closed and hyphenated
• Onset and Rime
• Breaking words into syllables, sounds and rhyme
• Word Boxes
• Spelling Rules
- Adding s to make plurals
- Adding ing to verbs
• EASY and creative activities designed around carefully selected words
Extra Fun Activities
• Word Search
• Compound Word Maze
• Compound Word Race
Teachers can use this resource
• as part of a literacy unit on ‘Fantastic Mr Fox’
• for spelling activities
• in literacy centres
• for an individual student novel study