This is a bundle of learning tasks designed to reinforce and stimulate learning through activity. It is a set of ready-to-go worksheets/resources for students to use with Roald Dahl's novel.
The 13 resources included are
• Reading Questions
. Use to check reading comprehension and to focus students' thoughts on plot and character.
• Plot Summary as Cloze Test
. An activity to support weaker students which all will enjoy. The individual tests could also be used as assessments.
• Review Crossword Puzzle
. A good activity with which to finish your reading of the novel.
The following activities are vocabulary related. They could be used to pre-teach words, to check comprehension, or just for fun. They are useful resources to use with early finishers, or for use as fillers on occasions when you need something and have nothing else prepared.
• Chapters 1 - 4 Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
• Chapters 1 - 4 Vocabulary Word Search Puzzle
• Chapters 5 - 7 Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
• Chapters 5 - 7 Word Search Puzzle
• Chapters 8 -11 Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
• Chapters 8 - 11 Word Search Puzzle
• Chapters 12 & 13 Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle
• Chapters 12 - 13 Vocabulary Word Search Puzzle
• Vocabulary Crossword Puzzle Chapters 14 - 18
• Chapters 14 - 18 Word Search Puzzle
Each of the resources is available as a separate item from my store. Click on the links above to read the detailed description of each.
The preview file contains samples of each of the items included.
The solutions to all activities, except the questions, are included.