January 20th, 2018
Can Mr. Fox overcome the combined forces of the farmers Boggis, Bunce, and Bean and keep his family from starving to death? Read Fantastic Mr. Fox with your young learners to find out!
This English novel study is designed specifically for use in the ESL/EFL classroom with Japanese speaking young learners in mind. Meticulously crafted and easy to use for both teachers and students, this comprehensive booklet will absolutely enhance your teaching experience. It's classroom tested, and it works. Click on the preview button to see for yourself.
All units (covering two chapters each) include:
- comprehension questions
about the story with space for students to answer in full sentences;
- a creative writing assignment
where students can express their opinions about topics related to the text;
- a vocabulary list with Japanese translations
of key words to save on dictionary time and reduce confusion about meaning;
- a word search puzzle
for students to enjoy some quiet time to familiarize themselves with the vocabulary;
- a sequencing worksheet
where students can identify the different components of the story; and
- a unit quiz
so you can assess your students' comprehension of the text and vocabulary.
There are also:
- a comic strip worksheet;
- a vocabulary list;
- a summarizer worksheet;
- an illustrator worksheet;
- a make your own word search puzzle worksheet;
- a whole book crossword puzzle
- a make your own crossword puzzle worksheet;
- a making predictions worksheet;
- a final test with answer key;
- a book cover project; and
- a book report assignment.
The best thing is that this novel study unit is still growing! Once purchased, all updates are FREE!
**************Also Available in KOREAN!!!!**************
Try another novel study from English Republic:
- Nate the Great
- The Chocolate Touch
- Dinosaurs Before Dark
- Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing
- Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus
- Cam Jansen - The Mystery of the Stolen Diamonds
Follow English Republic on Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Wordpress | YouTube