FANTASTIC MR. FOX
Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl is an 11 lesson unit of work with an 85 slide editable PowerPoint presentation and a 14-page booklet of worksheets. It contains a variety of lessons and activities designed to help children understand the novel's plot, characters, language and themes.
Fantastic Mr. Fox has something for children of all abilities:
- A unit of work overview with 11 progressive lessons covering the author, plot, character, themes and language
- A Roald Dahl mini biography, a video about Roald Dahl, a comprehension task and a class game
- Reading, writing and speaking and listening activities
- Developing making predictions skills using book covers (images, title, author, blurb) about plot, characters, themes and genre
- Exploring how Roald Dahl creates characters
- Writing-frames to help children write about characters
- Examining Roald Dahl's use of language in Fantastic Mr. Fox (using effective verbs and adjectives)
- Creating a comic strip version of Fantastic Mr. Fox to assess understanding of the plot
- Tips for tackling new words
- Cross curricular - Endangered species (Geography, Citizenship, nature and the environment)
- An 85 slide PowerPoint presentation (see preview)
- 14 worksheets
- And lots more!
To view ELA Teaching Resources: Fantastic Mr. Fox by Roald Dahl in more detail please click on the PowerPoint images.