This is a resources I use to help guide reading partnerships. Students will be working in their partnerships to read a fantasy book. They form a plan of how to read their book by the due date, decide on what topics to discuss on their meeting days, and choose how to share our their new learning after talking with their partner. This activity packet will fit most fantasy books in upper elementary.Below are a list of activities you will find in the activity packet.
1. Blank Calendar for students to plan their reading
2. Partnership Contract
3. Norms for partnerships
4. Possible Talking Points for Meeting Day
5. Lauching Partners Activity- how to plan out your reading for the book.
6. Meeting Day- What to have prepared for your sharing time and a reflection for after you have met with your partner.
7.Finding Fantasy elements
11.How conflicts impact the story
12. Context Clues
13. Comparing and Contrasting Characters
14. Cause and Effect
15. Minor Plot
16. Digging Deeper into our main characters