This 103 page resource includes 20 reading and 20 writing lessons all attached to grade 5 Common Core State Standards! Also included are:
• 20 reading workshop mini lessons, details, and chart examples linked to the Common Core State Standards for Grade 5.
* 20 writing workshop mini lessons, details, and chart examples linked to the Common Core State Standards for Grade 5.
* 40 printable mini lesson statements.
* A list of 20 interactive read aloud realistic fiction picture books with one book linked to every reading lesson.
* A detailed description of the reading and writing workshops.
* A detailed description of interactive read-alouds and how to use them with the lessons.
* Printable tabs for reader's and writer's notebooks.
* Directions on how to set up reader's and writer's notebooks.
* Printable record of reading form for students.
* Printable reading conference observation form for teachers.
* Printable writing conference observation form for teachers.
* Printable reading log sheet for students.
* Printable book talk planning form for students.
**************** PLEASE NOTE ***************** This Unit has the same mini lessons as the grades 2, 3, 4, and 6 units. The only difference is that the grade 5 Common Core State Standards are attached to this unit.
***Please be sure to read the description carefully and download the free preview before purchasing.
Click on the links below to see more reading/writing units available for fifth grade!
Launching the Reading and Writing Workshops
Standardized Test Unit
Poetry and Figurative Language
Copyright © 2014 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.