The end of first grade is a bittersweet time! Celebrate a great year in first grade with this unit of writing reflections, memory book activities, and other sentimental goodies!
Here's what's included:
• Look How Much __________ Has Grown in First Grade! (Cover) Every year, I make a little book for each student that includes writing samples from the beginning and end of the year. I send this home to parents so they can see how much their child’s writing skills have progressed! The students LOVE seeing their writing from the beginning of the year. You can use your own writing samples, or use the included pages (listed below).
• Beginning of First Grade – Students write name, date, and a sentence or words. They draw a picture. Save this for the end of the year to be included in the “Look How Much ________ Has Grown...” book!
• This is a Picture of Me at the Beginning of First Grade
• End of First Grade – Students write name, date, and several sentences/or paragraph about first grade!
• This is a Picture of Me at the End of First Grade
• End of First Grade Reflection: Students write about the first grade year.
• Full page of blank lines with school girl/pencil clip art
• First Grade Memories (Cover) – Use this as the cover to a memory book. You can assemble ANY of the pages in this unit into a memory book.
• My Favorite... Students list favorite subject, lesson, school supply, etc.
• First Grade Autographs
• What Did I Learn in First Grade? Pre-writing web: Students draw four things they learned in first grade.
• I Learned So Much in First Grade! Students write paragraph about what they learned in first grade.
• My Favorite Memory from First Grade: Write about a favorite memory.
• First Grade Friends: Write about new friends made in first grade
• My First Grade Teacher: Write about first grade teacher
• The Best Part of First Grade: Write about the best part of first grade
• First Grade Cinquain Poem Planning Sheet: Use this to plan a cinquain poem about first grade (Sentence, 2 adjectives, 3 verbs, sentence, one word)
• First Grade Cinquain Poem Sheet: Write final copies of poem on this page.
• First Grade Acrostic Poem
• Dear New First Grader Letter (2: boy clipart/girl clipart): Students write a letter to new first graders/kindergartners. They offer advice and tell them about what to expect in first grade!
• The Best Book I Read in First Grade: Students write the title/why the book is the “best”/draw a picture.
• Congrats, _________! End of year award: Complete for students and give out on the last day of school. Fill in student name and sign the bottom.
• I’m Glad I was Your Teacher Poem – Give out this well-known poem to your students at the end of the year!
I hope your students enjoy these activities! Don't forget to leave feedback! Thank you so much! :)