The many editions of BOOKMARKS PLUS provide students with essential knowledge of the book: title, author info, publication date, genre, story premise, descriptions of main characters, and setting. Each edition also contains a "Words to Know" section, which students can refer to as they come across difficult words. Some even feature a list of words, along with their definitions, that are specific to the setting.
BOOKMARKS PLUS come 5 to a page, front to back, so you can print as many as you like for as long as you like with only a minimal initial investment! Please note: The thumbnails may display only 4 bookmarks to a page, but there are 5. Also the bookmarks are provided in both a color version and a black-and-white version.
DOWNLOAD THE PREVIEW FILE AND RECEIVE A FREE EDITION OF BOOKMARKS PLUS!
NOTE: The 25 "Words to Know" vocabulary words on the bookmarks are the same words covered in my FAREWELL TO MANZANAR synonym/antonym crossword. See list below.
Also, the same 25 words are part of my FAREWELL TO MANZANAR Prereading Crossword Puzzle, which familiarizes students with 50 challenging words before they read. See list below.
MIDDLE SCHOOL EDITIONS OF BOOKMARKS PLUS (list may not be current:
* Across Five Aprils
* Anne Frank Remembered
* As I Lay Dying
* The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman
* The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
* The Diary of a Young Girl
* Ender’s Game
* Farewell to Manzanar
* The Giver
* Good Masters! Sweet Ladies!
* The Hunger Games
* Johnny Tremain
* The Light in the Forest
* My Brother Sam Is Dead
* My Side of the Mountain
* Nothing But the Truth
* The Outsiders—FREE!
* The Pearl
* The Pigman
* Romeo and Juliet
* The Slave Dancer
* The Witch of Blackbird Pond
* Walk Two Moons
Don't see a bookmark for your favorite title? Contact me through TPT, and I’ll create one for you!
Also take a look at my new LOOKING GOOD ON PAPER products based on my years “in the trenches”--great writing lessons for middle and high school!
More fun and unique products over FAREWELL TO MANZANAR—see all 16 in my store!
• Farewell to Manzanar Trivia Game—Fun for the Whole Class! My ThemeQuotes games are the only games that link famous, value-promoting quotations to the themes of the books you teach! Students work in teams to play this cross between Wheel of Fortune™ and Trivia Pursuit™ game! 197 questions!
• Bookmarks Plus: Farewell to Manzanar edition—Handy Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more!
• Farewell to Manzanar: Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Use with Bookmarks Plus and the Farewell to Manzanar 50-word Prereading Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• Farewell to Manzanar: 50-word Prereading Crossword—Use with Bookmarks Plus! Helps prepare students for reading the book! Use with the Farewell to Manzanar edition of Bookmarks Plus and the Farewell to Manzanar Synonym/Antonym Vocabulary Crossword to reinforce meanings of new words!
• Farewell to Manzanar: 10 Word Merges: One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• Farewell to Manzanar: 16 Theme-Related Quotations + Teaching Ideas Well-researched, thought-provoking quotations by some of history’s greatest thinkers—each quotation relates to a theme in the book!
• Farewell to Manzanar: 4 Book-Based Word Searches 4 categories: States Mentioned in the Book; Life at Manzanar; Japanese Names; School in the Camp
• Farewell to Manzanar: 6 Cryptograms—Encoded Quotations from the Book! Students decode 6 thought-provoking quotations from the story! Each cryptogram puzzle has its own code. Who doesn’t love a code?
• Farewell to Manzanar: 10 Quotefall Word Puzzles—Unique! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• Farewell to Manzanar: 5 Category Jumbles Puzzles—Really Fun! Students unscramble each word and then place the letters into a series of squares. They then arrange the letters in the shaded boxes to spell out the category word at the top of the puzzle. Students love uncovering the mystery word!
• Farewell to Manzanar: Figurative Language Crossword Students use their knowledge of the story, their knowledge of language, and their imaginations to complete these clues. All are examples of similes, metaphors, hyperbole, etc., from the story! A great way to approach figurative language
• Farewell to Manzanar: 6 Cryptocategory Word Puzzles—Unique! Students decode 6 lists of categorized words from the book! Categories: Characters; Landmarks; An All-American Small Town; Mama; Some Countries Involved in WWII; Japanese American Internment Camps
• Farewell to Manzanar: Anagram Crossword—Challenging but Fun! Students decipher common terms from the novel! The puzzle can be challenging, but, as with all crosswords, almost every time they enter a correct answer, they are provided with clues for the next.
• Farewell to Manzanar: 2 Challenging Words Crosswords Students provide synonyms for challenging words from the story. Good extra credit activity!
• Farewell to Manzanar: 2 Reading-for-Detail-Crosswords—Objective Test Review! Great reviews for objective tests!
• Farewell to Manzanar: Japanese Culture Crossword—Enlightening! Teaches students elements of the Japanese culture.
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!