A big pack of 6 black and white NO PREP differentiated puzzles with picture clues - great for a farm project or practising farm animal vocabulary. Fun for EFL/ESL. Includes word search, crossword, missing letters puzzle, word scrambles, codebreaker and mini acrostics. All puzzles are provided in two versions to allow differentiation in the classroom plus a vocabulary handout for reference. Answer keys are included. Easy to use – just print and go. Handy for fast finishers or substitute lessons.
The words included in the puzzles are: sheep, pig, cow, bull, horse, goat, chicken, rooster, duck, turkey, chick, dog, cat, mouse, rabbit.
1. Picture word search – the easier version has word and picture clues, the other just the pictures.
2. Picture crossword – crossword with picture clues. One version has the first letter of each word already written in the grid for an extra hint.
3. Word scramble: seeing double – 9 word scrambles where the letters are given in grids but also include some extra letters. The student must first cross out any repeated letters, then rearrange the remaining letters to make the names of farm animals. The easier version also includes a picture of the animal.
4. Missing letters puzzle – version one has missing vowels, the other has alternate letters missing. The student matches the answers to the correct picture.
5. Codebreaker – the easier version gives a full key to the letters, whilst the harder one gives only some of the letters and the student must use this information and the pictures to work out the remaining letters. The completed words are matched to the pictures.
6. Mini acrostics with hidden words – two acrostics with picture clues. Fill in the words across the page to reveal the hidden farm animal word written downwards. One version has the first letter of each word already in the grid.
7. Vocabulary handout
Please look at the thumbnails before purchasing to ensure that this resource meets your needs.
If you like this, you might also be interested in 'Farm Animal Go Fish! Game Cards
' which use the same 15 farm animal words, plus 'farmer'.
Click here to see more Word Puzzles
I would love to hear about your experience with Farm Animal Puzzles in the classroom so please fill in the feedback form on your ‘My Purchases’ page – and earn points towards your next purchase too!
More fun puzzles, games and clip art will be uploaded soon to Leebling. To be notified of new resources, please click here to follow