This activity uses simple clip art drawings of farm animals and zoo animals to encourage students to develop their vocabulary and to practice sorting pictures into categories (farm animal or zoo animal???).
The following picture cards are included:
cat, chick, hen, cow, dog, goat, sheep, horse, pig, rooster, duck, and turkey
panda, rhinoceros, tiger, alligator, elephant, hippopotamus, lion, monkey, penguin, polar bear, seal, zebra, giraffe and koala bear.
* Data sheets are provided to track students’ expressive/receptive identification of pictures.
* A rubric is included when cards are used for sorting into categories for a work sample.
* Take photos for additional documentation.
* This activity can be used with Preschool and Kindergarten students and those with special learning needs (Students with Autism, English Language Learners, and Speech/Language Students).
* If you print out two copies of the picture cards they can be used when teaching same and different and for matching games.
Activity meets Common Core State Standards for Kindergarten
CCSS.Math.Content.K.MD.B.3 Classify objects into given categories; count the numbers of objects in each category and sort the categories by count.
Thank you for visiting our store.
If you would like to receive notifications when new products are created and added to the store, please follow us by clicking on the green star in the upper corner of the screen.
Please provide feedback to earn credits for your future purchases.
If you have any questions, complaints or concerns, please use the Q and A function and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks again and thank you for all you do to teach our little ones!