Looking for farm themed Pre-K centers? Kindergarten centers too? These are for you!
Designed with both Pre-K and Kindergarten in mind, these centers will give you a variety of activities and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging math and literacy centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students with a farm theme (see the preview and description below for full details).
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
LITERACY CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
ABC Clip Cards (2 levels) -
Clip the letter that matches the letter shown. (Uppercase to Uppercase matching, and Uppercase to Lowercase matching options).
“Let’s Go See Farm Animals” Emergent Reader (2 levels)
- print a simple label style version, or one with a predictable sentence pattern. Copy two-sided and cut in half for two books!
- Pick a pig card and say the letter name. Write the letter on a mud puddle in your best handwriting. (Both upper and lowercase versions included.)
Letter Laying Chickens
- Pick a chicken card and say the letter name. Find and color the matching egg. (Both upper and lowercase versions included.)
Farm Beginning Sound Puzzles (2 levels)
- Match the picture haystacks to their barns by finding the letters that represents their beginning sounds. (One set includes the letter of the beginning sound written on the cards for letter matching support.)
Haystack CVC Match (2 levels)
- Match the haystack to its farmer by reading the words on the farmers’ signs. (One set includes the words written by the pictures for word matching support.)
Sight Word Crunch (Editable Version Included)
– Build the sight words on the pails using the alphabet carrots. Record some of the words you make by writing them on the pails on the recording sheet.
Farm Write It (Write the Room)
– Pick a card (farm themed). Find and record the word next to its matching picture on the recording sheet. * Also includes a coloring version (no writing required, color the matching object).
MATH CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES:
Farm 10 and 20 Frame Clip Cards -
Clip the number that shows how many dots are in the ten frames (0-20)
Farm Animal Count and Clip Cards-
Count the sets of farm animals and clip the totals (sets to 20).
Feed the Horses (Counting 10 Frames)
– Pick a horse card and read the ten frame. Color the carrot with the number that matches.
Feed the Horses (Addition Using 10 Frames)
– Pick a horse card and read the ten frame. Color the carrot with the equation that matches.
Don’t Drop the Eggs! (2 levels)
– Pick a henhouse card and solve the subtraction problem. Color an egg with the answer. (2 sets – subtraction within 5 and within 10.)
Tractor Tally (2 levels)
– Pick a hay card and count the tally marks. Color the tractor that shows the total. (One set includes the numeral next to the tally marks for matching support.)
Shape Pigs in the Mud (2 levels)
– Pick a card and say the shape name. Find and color the pig that is the shame shape. * 2nd option includes picking a regular 2d shape and matching it to the pig shape (a bit more challenging).
Hungry Hens (2 levels)
– Pick a henhouse card and count the base ten blocks. Color the chicken with the matching number. (One set includes numerals by the base ten blocks for matching support.)
Farm Animal Roll and Tally
– Roll the die. Put a tally in the box next to the farm animal you roll. See which animal gets the most! *Foldable die included as well as inserts included if you use your own plastic sleeve dice.
Farm Animal Roll and Graph
– Roll the die. Make an X or color a space above the animal you roll on the graph below. See which one gets to the top first! *Foldable die included as well as inserts included if you use your own plastic sleeve dice.
“Feed the Horse” Counting Mats
– Use play dough, beads, pipe cleaners, erasers, or any other manipulative as “carrots” to count out and feed the horses. You can even laminate and draw carrots on the mats with dry erase markers.
“Feed the Horse” Addition Mats
– Use manipulatives as “carrots” to help solve the equations. Laminate and use with a dry erase marker to write the answers to the equations in the boxes (addition to 10).
“Feed the Horse” Subtraction Mats
– Use manipulatives as “carrots” to help solve the equations. Laminate and use with a dry erase marker to write the answers to the equations in the boxes (subtraction within 10).
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the file.
***************************************************************************** More Farm Activities
Farm Writing Centers