Farm Dramatic Play - Guided Role Play for Kinder, Grade 1 & 2 Drama Activities
Farm Dramatic Play - Kindergarten, Grade 1 & Grade 2 Drama Unit with a Farm Theme
Teaching drama in early primary can seem very difficult because students are so limited by their reading ability. Instead of getting stuck using dull, overly simplified texts, try guided role play instead. This farm dramatic play kit contains highly engaging drama activities that your students will love!
What is guided role play?
Guided role play is a more structured version of dramatic play that allows your primary students to explore characters and dramatic movement by improvising responses based on prompts in special story script. The teacher reads the story out loud and pauses after each prompt to allow students to interpret the story, adding their own dialogue, movements, and details.
By using a variety of activities all based around the same theme, students have the opportunity to build a vocabulary of characters, movements, and words.
This highly engaging farm dramatic play kit contains:
- Three (3) high quality story scripts for whole-class or small-group instruction
- Backdrop sets for each skit (to be used with a projector)
- Farm-themed movement cards for group warm-ups or center based dramatic play
- Farm-themed soundscape group drama activity instructions with student assignment cards
- Character cut-outs for puppets or headbands
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ - ABOUT THE AUTHOR - ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Stageworthy by Widy creates performing arts lessons that help non-specialists teach the arts like rockstars.
♬ - Click here for Stageworthy music lessons
➼ - Click here for Stageworthy dance lessons