This farm fun themed units is for the preschool through kindergarten-aged child to work on speech and language skills. It's perfect for a farm unit, animals unit or for those students who love farms and tractors! These activities target BOTH speech and language goals. They can be used by a Speech Pathologist, Early Intervention teacher, Special Education teacher, 4K teacher and/or Kindergarten teacher. There are speech and langage activities that should target most IEP goals for young children, including early developing sounds. Your tractor-obsessed students will love this unit. These activities can be used in individual or group therapy. Some activities can be used in centers.
Here are the activities that are included:
1. Dot (or color) the Farm Animals/items:
20 pages of black and white printable articulation dot activities!! Targets the following sounds: Initial and Final: P,B,M,T,D,G,K,S, F, L, Sh, Ch
Prevocalic St, Sp, Sm, Sn, Final N, Initial: R. There are 12 dots per page so your students can get lots of trials.
2. Syllable Sort: 2-3 syllable words 2 pages, color.
Sort the farm related two and three syllable words and practice marking all the syllables when you say them!
3. Driving my tractor language activities: 4 pages color
Work on naming/vocabulary of farm animals, sequencing and recall by putting the farm animals back in the farmer's trailer. Kid's love it if you use it in conjunction with the "drivin my tractor" clip on you tube!
4. Play dough Language mats for minimally-verbal children: 2 pages, color. Put the apples on the tree & put the pigs in the pig pen while you work on simple words or word shells.
5. The chickens flew the coop! 2 pages, color. Targets position words, prepositional phrases, where questions and "I want' requests as child helps the farmer return the chickens to the coop.
6. Driving my tractor full of target sounds and words! 4 pages, black and white. An open-ended articulation or language activity where child puts the farm animal or farm item in the tractor trailer and names his or her target card.
7. Match the color word to the tractor: 4 pages, color and self-correcting.
8. Farm go-togethers: 4 pages, color. Find the farm items that go together and use your language to tell how they are related!
A farm scene (color) is also included to use to introduce the farm theme or stimulate language.
Check out my other animal-themed packets:
Forest Animals and Nature
Robins, nests and eggs!
Pets: Speech and Language Activities
Please leave feedback after purchasing the product. You can leave it at my store and you will receive TPT credits towards any purchase on the TPT website.
(c) 2014: Donna Miazga Updated and new pages added 2/16