These activities all focus on the /ar/ sound as in farm.
There are games appropriate for your whole/small groups and independent literacy activities as well. These were designed with first graders in mind, although it's suitable for a second grade review, too.
More specifically, it contains:
* a bingo game (20 cards - no two are alike)
* a word sort based on the position of the ar in the word
* match picture to the sentence
* rhyming concentration (the clipart makes this self-checking)
* 8 abc order to the first letter
* noun/verb/adjective sort
* card game for small groups to reinforce words with the /ar/ sound
* 18 rebus spelling puzzles
* a coloring page
* AR incentive chart
The recording sheets are included. Enjoy!