VIEW PREVIEW FILE FOR MORE DETAILS
The unit consists of:
Three emergent readers (professionally illustrated) offered in both color and blank and white.
- The emergent reader “The Giving Farm” outlines the importance of the farming industry and what products we receive from farms. It is has a patterned story line that will allow your students to read it independently. RI.K outcome based.
- The emergent reader “Mrs. Wishy Washy’s Surprise” is a spin off from the series of readers from Joy Cowley. The students write a story based on the pattern of the reader. RF.K outcome based.
- The emergent reader “Retelling of Rosie’s Walk” is a simple retelling of the book Rosie’s Walk” by Pat Hutchins.
- “Identify and Print” the students draw an alphabet picture card and print the initial sound heard on the dotted letter sheet provided.
- “Rhyming Matching Game” – each partner player is given a rhyming game board. They must draw a picture card and determine if they have a rhyming match on their game board.
- “Vowel in the Middle” in this game partner players take a turn drawing a vowel card and they must determine where that vowel is placed on their CVC game board of pictures.
- “ch or sh” sound sorting initial picture cards.
- “Match Words to Farm Animals” - the students are required to make use of what they have learned about letters and sounds to match the words to the farm animal picture cards.
- Around the Farm Sight Word Game” - the students roll a die and move around the farm sight word game board. They must read the sight word that they landed on and print it.
The focus in this theme is on the outcomes outlined below related to the Common Core Standards Outcomes.
➢ I can tell if a group has greater than, less than or an equal amount. K.CC.B.6.
➢ I can compare two printed numerals between 1-10. K.CC.B.7
➢ I can write numbers 0-20 and show the correct amount of objects for these numbers. K.CC.A.3
➢ I can count 20 things. K.CC.B.5
➢ I can add and subtract in different ways. K.0A.A.1
➢ I can solve addition and subtraction problems up to 10. K.0A.A.2
➢ I can show sums in different ways. K.0A.A.3
➢ I can add and subtract up to 10 (using drawings, fingers or manipulatives). K.0A.A.4
➢ I can name shapes no matter, which way they are turned. K.G.A.2
➢ I know some shapes are 2-D and 3-D. K.G.A.3
➢ I can tell the height and width of an object. K.MD.A.1
➢ I can compare the length and width of two objects and explain the difference. K.MD.A.2
➢ I can sort object into categories. K.MD.B.3
Plenty of ideas and templates for crafts.
This theme is meant to be used for a two week time period and is based on a balanced literacy philosophy.
For my ideas visit: https://www.kinderplans.com