The Fashion Design STEM Challenge is a self-guided distance learning mini course for students to explore the field of fashion and make connections to STEM. Delivered in interactive e-book format, including:
1. interactive online fashion designer career exploration resources (virtual job shadow, downloadable info sheet in English and Spanish, and link to simulation)
2. short quiz with answer key
3. fashion design + STEM connections infographic
4. video to explain recycled, STEM themed, and STEM powered fashion (3min 30 seconds)
5. hands on inquiry based fashion design project with student-friendly directions
6. coding + fashion design activity
7. optional online group for students to post projects
8. links to additional resources to explore careers in fashion
All activities are designed to be completed independently, taking at least 3 hours for students to complete - a fun distance learning activity!
Supports NGSS MS-ETS1-1.
You might also like...