Father’s Day Lesson is a great way to teach students to honour fathers and fatherhood. This package includes answer key, multiple approaches to complete the lesson depending on the age of your students.
As part of diversity and understanding of the people we share our planet with. I did a month by month study into different cultures around the world. To help with this unit I used the following books:
- What Daddy’s Do Best By: Lauren Numeroff
- The Night Before Father Day By: Natasha Wing
- My Daddy & Me By: Amy E. Sklansky
- Daddy are for Catching Fireflies By: Harriet Ziefert
- Mr. Seahorse By: Eric Carl
Each month on the day or as close as possible I would read the book or any other appropriate book and complete the follow up paper. We then would put the paper into our portfolio. Also I used these events as part of the timeline in my room in which any and all important events were added. At times even pictures where available were placed on the time line.