This is a booklet for children to make to celebrate their dad. It can be completed a page at a time, or several pages at once near Father’s Day to give as a gift.
I have also included a copy of the booklet substituting the name Grandpa for Dad.
There are 10 booklet pages, plus a cover. Choose the pages that are most appropriate for the children in your group.
The topics are developmentally appropriate to be understood by preschool and pre-K and Kindergarten aged children, featuring experiences and situations they are used to. The simple font and picture clues on each page makes it easy for pre-readers to “read” their booklet to family and friends. The children’s words in the booklet don’t need to be realistic – this just adds to the sweetness when the booklet is kept and read later.
Pages in the booklet:
2. My dad is ____ years old. His hair is _____ and his eyes are _____.
3. The favorite thing my dad likes to do is_________________.
4. He likes to wear _____________________.
5. Dad likes to______________________ at home.
6. My dad loves to cook _____________.
This is the recipe: __________________________________________________
7. My dad’s favorite TV show is _________ and his favorite song is ________________________
8. When my dad goes shopping, he loves to buy ____________________.
9. If my dad could go on a trip, he would go to _________and he would take ___________________
10. Dad always tells me ____________________________________
11. I really love it when my dad __________________
IMPORTANT: Click on the PREVIEW button to see more sample pages, and to make sure this is the educational level you are looking for.
KidSparkz Teacher Resources