Father's/La Fête des pères!
(Kindergarten - Grade 1 - Grade 2)
(Maternelle/Jardin - 1e année - 2e année)
With Father's Day just around the corner, in my class, we have started to read and write specialized vocabulary about some of the most important people in the world ... Dads!
I have described this product as a mini lesson because it involves much more than printing, assembling and filling in a card. While students will ultimately create a lovely, hand-written card for their dads, they will also get the chance to brainstorm new verbs and adjectives, as well as be exposed to vocabulary they may not have heard before.
This product is completely bilingual (French-English) and includes:
- Step-by-Step assembly guide for Father's Day card
- Suggestions for how to use this product in your classroom
- 46 full-colour vocabulary cards with images (23 French, 23 English) which can be used to fill in the Father's Day card
- Three templates for the Father's Day card cover: French, English and blank (students can write or draw their own creation on the front)
- Two templates for the Father's Day card interior (French and English)
Use as a Literacy Centre option to improve on fine motor and printing skills, word recognition, and vocabulary awareness! For reading assessment, have students read the message that they have written!
I'd love to hear any feedback that you have on this product. Please leave a comment, if you'd like! (It helps you to earn credits towards future TpT purchases!)
Thank you to mycutegraphics.com for the images!