* Reading Circle Task: Students respond to a written article (included) reading in small groups, highlighting key issues as they go (including identifying words for glossary to be completed for homework). Students then share responses in small groups, building on ideas and praising peers as they go. INCLUDES 2X articles so this could be extended into another lesson as students can practice their skills of communication with other groups etc.
* Starter activity: Paragraph writing task and response to stimulus - Feast or Famine? (YouTube Activity)
* Cartoon analysis including pair and discussion questions regarding food distribution and issues of food inequality
* Glossary building activity for home learning: Building a glossary for homework to incorporate key words and build subject specific vocabulary
* Plenary Task: Paragraph writing using PEEL structure (perfect for NAPLAN skill development in YEAR 9 AUS curriculum). Ideas stem from key learning from the lesson.
LESSON IS IDEAL FOR YEAR 9 GEOGRAPHY BIOMES & FOOD SECURITY AUSTRALIAN CURRICULUM GEOGRAPHY
YEAR 10 ENVIRONMENTAL CHANGE & MANAGEMENT
DISCUSSES ISSUES OF FOOD SECURITY, INEQUALITY IN FOOD DISTRIBUTION AND FEEDING THE WORLD.
COMPRESSED ZIP FILE - Contains:
Resource includes PowerPoint, embedded activities including: