Check out the growing bundle (AAC and Literacy for the YEAR!) and save 50% for a limited time! Find it by clicking HERE!
AAC and Literacy has been designed to support students who use augmentative and alternative communication or for any student who benefits from visual supports! It is vital that we provide all students with literacy instruction, but it can be challenging for our non-verbal students. Enter AAC and Literacy!
February's AAC and Literacy features AAC book companions for the following books:
- There Was a Cold Lady Who Swallowed a Rose by Lucille Colandro
- The Day it Rained Hearts by Felicia Bond
- Love Monster by Rachel Bright
- The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats
*Please note: This packet does not contain the actual books. You will have to purchase them separately or check them out at your local library! These are book companions that are designed to go with each book.*
Each picture book companion contains:
- Story Board (features core vocabulary words + fringe vocabulary from the book)
- Retelling Board (this board is designed to aid students in retelling the story)
- Retelling Strips (another activity that is designed to help students retell and sequence the story)
- Y/N question cards
- Comprehension Cards (answers options are in a field of two)
- Communication Exchange pictures
- File Folder Games (they address sight words, matching, sorting, etc.... you don't not have to create file folder games, you can also use these pages as cut & paste activities)
There are also story element mini posters included!
Looking for more AAC activities? Check out:
AAC and Literacy Bundle #1 - It contains year around book companions!
Thank you for visiting my store! Have a wonderful day!