What is in this packet?
1. You will find a 28 day ABBA calendar. I have added the 29th as a Leap Year date for future Leap Years. The pattern is completed for you.
2. You will also find extra blank pieces in the calendar to use in case you lose a piece, or if you need an extra to finish a pattern.
3. You will find valentine pieces and February holiday pieces in this pack to use for the month.
4. I have also created a February “title card” for the month to match these pieces.
5. This packet contains directions on how to print and use this packet as your calendar and as another resource in your math centers.
Use this packet as your calendar:
Use the calendar pieces to help you teach patterns along with your other math skills during calendar time. Of course I start with the first day of the month, and each day my students tell me what number goes next and what pattern piece goes next. This pattern is repeated all month long.
Math Center Ideas:
I also use these pieces in math centers for numeral recognition, numerical order, and patterning. You can do the activities listed below in small groups, one-on-one, or in a math center.
a. Numeral Recognition
b. Numerical Order
School Year Pattern Calendars and Accessories --August through July
Accessories- Days of the Week and Seasons
1. The Season is Calendar Packet Accessories
2. Purple Days of the Week
Fall Semester-- August through December:
1. July Pattern Calendar- ABAB
2. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Calendar- August & September No Patterns
3. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Pattern Calendar -August & September--ABAB
4. Monkeys Pattern Calendar- August & September--ABC
5. October Pattern Calendar
6. November Pattern Calendar--ABC
7. December Pattern Calendar--ABCD
Winter Calendars (December through February)
1. Winter Calendar ABBC Pattern- December through February Calendar Pieces
2. Winter ABCD Pattern Calendar Pieces for the Months of December through February
3. Snowman Calendar with Pieces for the Months of December through February—No Patterns
4. February Pattern Calendar-- ABBA
February through July Calendars and Accessories
1. February Pattern Calendar- ABBA
2. March Pattern Calendar-ABCCD
3. April Pattern Calendar-ABBC
4. May Pattern Calendar- ABCD
5. June Pattern Calendar- ABCCD
6. July Pattern Calendar- ABAB
The images on the month typically go with the holidays in that particular month and in the season. I will continue to add more calendar options that you choose from. The patterns start out as the easiest pattern such as the ABAB. You will find these in the months of July through September. Then the patterns get a little harder as the school progresses.
Enjoy :) Niki