February Activities for Science
Also included in
- ⭐️⭐⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students are really enjoying these seasonal science activities so far. I'm so excited I found them! This is really going to step up my science game! Thank you!" - ArianeIntegrate more science into your curriculum using fun and engaging seasonal content that combines monthly topics with haPrice $44.00Original Price $55.00Save $11.00
Need engaging science activities for February? These print and digital science activities include seasonal concepts, a STEM activity, several hands-on activities, classroom demonstrations, and reading articles for students to learn more about the world around them. February science topics cover Groundhog's Day, Super Bowl Sunday, Presidents' Day, Heart Health Day, and Valentine's Day. Science topics cover measurement, engineering, hibernation and groundhogs, surface tension, changes in matter, and the circulatory system. In addition, students will read about the scientist of the month, Steve Jobs. All activities have printable and digital remote learning options to allow for flexibility of distribution in your science classroom. These science lessons can be used for sub plans, supplement topical science concepts, as enrichment activities, or in a distance learning classroom.
February Science Topics cover:
- Heart Health Day - February 1
- Groundhog's Day - February 2
- Super Bowl Sunday
- Valentine's Day - February 14
- Presidents' Day
Students will learn about:
- Circulatory ( Cardiovascular ) human body system
- Hibernation and Groundhogs
- Problem-solving and engineering
- Changes in matter
- Surface tension
- Famous scientist, Steve Jobs
February science and activities include:
- Teacher instructions to distribute the digital versions through your secure learning management system such as Google Classroom, Schoology, SeeSaw, etc.
- Tips and ideas to complete the STEM activities in your classroom or through a remote learning environment.
- Printable and digital components for:
- Heart Health: Includes five pages of teacher instructions and activities to teach students about blood components and how to keep their hearts healthy. These cardiovascular system activities can be used to recognize either Heart Health Day or Valentine's Day.
- Groundhog's Day: This activity will have students use student-friendly links to research and learn about groundhogs. The Google Slide, Powerpoint, or PDF activity will teach students about the origins and traditions of Groundhog's Day as well as hibernation and the life of a groundhog.
- Football Science: Get into the spirit of the Big Game using these two activities that will have students practice their measurement skills and problem-solve to create a goal post out of materials to save the Super Bowl.
- Presidential Pennies: Celebrate Presidents' Day by teaching students about the history of the penny, learn the best materials to clean tarnished pennies, learn why the Statue of Liberty is green and not brown, and learn about surface tension. The six printable pages will walk you through completing the activities with your students and include student-friendly instructions. Digital copies are included to allow remote learners to participate in the fun.
- Scientist in the News: Students will learn about the life of the famous scientist Steve Jobs through a one-page reading with two comprehension questions.
Feedback from teachers:
- This is a great resource for adding monthly themed science activities to a classroom. I especially loved the football-themed one. My students love a variety of science experiments and investigations, and this product provides that variety. Everything is well organized and easy to use. Thank you!
- A lovely bundle with great learning opportunities as students do the research and activities. Thanks.
Other winter science activities you might be interested in:
- March science activities
- Football STEM Activity
- Groundhog's Day Webquest Activity
- Snow Webquest
- Winter activities and experiments
- January Science Activities
- December science activities
Kindly Note: If you have questions, do not hesitate to email me at Teaching Muse's Email
PLEASE PREVIEW BEFORE PURCHASING
Thank you for visiting Teaching Muse. I would love for you to become a follower.
Teaching Muse followers receive new product information and discounts on any new items!
All rights reserved by Teaching Muse. This product is to be used by the original downloader ONLY. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. Additionally, this product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). They are intended for classroom and personal use ONLY.