/ kraf ‘ tiv(i)dee /
the combination of an educational activity and a fun craft
2. A creative and enjoyable activity (“My students are loving this craftivity!”)
Okay. So maybe that word is totally made up BUT either way, your kiddies will LOVE these interactive, engaging, thematic, and FUN activities! Each craftivity comes with detailed instructions (with pictures!) and the majority include TONS of options for easy differentiation and/or customization PLUS suggestions for alternate uses where applicable. Use them “just for fun” or integrate them with your learning. The possibilities are endless!
INCLUDED you will find:
* ”Valentine Accordion” - This accordion craftivity is a fun way to celebrate Valentine’s Day in your classroom. Rather than displaying these little books, I like to either have students share them with their Reading Buddies or simply keep them in our class library to give students a chance to read one another’s when they visit the Reading Centre (but you, of course, can use them however you like!)
* ”Valentine Writing" - This craftivity has been left completely open-ended so that you can use apply a Valentine theme to just about any learning topic you want! For example, if you are currently focusing on opinion writing, students can write about why Valentine’s day is the best holiday or why their mom/dad/sibling/etc. is so amazing. You can also simply provide students with a writing prompt (pg. 00). No matter how you choose to use it, your students will “love” the touch of fun this simple craftivity brings to their learning.
* “Happy Teeth #1” AND “Happy Teeth #2” - Along with Valentine’s Day, February is also Dental Health Month and this craftivity is perfect for your unit on healthy eating/dental health! There are TWO craftivity options (both of which have additional differentiation options as well) to choose from based on personal preference/time.
PSSST!! Check out the other CRAFTIVITIES available:
* August/September CRAFTIVITIES
* October/November CRAFTIVITIES
* December CRAFTIVITIES
* January CRAFTIVITIES
* March/April CRAFTIVITIES
* May/June CRAFTIVITIES
* A Year of CRAFTIVITIES: The Bundle!