These Daily Review PowerPoints are one of my FAVORITE teaching tools in my classroom!! As a part of my circle time/morning meeting/calendar time, I can quickly review important knowledge and skills every morning. This part of my daily routine takes between 5 and 10 minutes, and my kiddos are actively engaged in this important practice. I can even leave these presentations with a substitute teacher (and believe me, if I don't, my kiddos always remind me!!)
This set includes 5 different PowerPoint presentations to use in the month of February (one for each day of the week!!) Every Monday in February, I use the Monday presentation; on Tuesdays, I use the Tuesday presentation, and so on... this gives students the daily practice, without the activity becoming stale.
For the month of February, the following skills are included:
* Naming 3-d shapes (cone, cube, sphere, pyramid, cylinder, and rectangular prism)
* Reading number words from zero to ten
* Naming uppercase and lowercase letters fluently (2 slides with 5 or 6 uppercase letters; 2 slides with 5 or 6 lowercase letters)
* Reading cvc words (words with short e, short i and short u included this month)
* Reading words from a short vowel word family (2 word families each day; these word families are included -an, -am, -ap, -am, -ed, -et, -ed, -ig, -op, -ock, -un, and -ug)
* Reading sight words (away of find funny went who will saw her him)
* Counting sets from 1 to 20 using objects (4 slides per day)
* Counting sets from 11 to 20 using ten-frames (building basic base-ten concepts; 3 slides per day; this skill has been practiced in previous months... this month is simply a review)
* Naming numbers from 11 to 20 (5 slides per day: 12, 13, and 20 are included each day, because these are the numbers which students typically struggle with the most. The other numbers (11,14,15,16,17,18,and 19) are rotated throughout the days
* Adding (sums to 10) with pictures
* Addition fluency (sums to 5)
* Comparing measurements (shorter, taller, longer, heavier, lighter)
Because different schools teach letters and sight words in a different order, I have also included a separate presentation with all letters of the alphabet (both in a regular font and in a picture-filled clip art) and a blank slide for sight words. This will allow you add letters and change the sight words to fit your curriculum, if needed.
Also, if your students have mastered a certain skill, you can simply delete those slides... if your students are ready for new concepts, you can copy those slides from future months and include them in your presentations for this month. Lots of flexibility with these!!
If you would like the YEARLONG BUNDLE, please click here.
Daily Review PowerPoints BUNDLE
If you would like these sets for other months, please click on the month below.
I hope you enjoy using the PowerPoints in your classroom; if you have any questions, please let me know!!
Thanks for looking and happy teaching!