February Math Centers 2nd Grade
Also included in
- Bundle of January - May 2nd Grade Math Centers5 Months of Math Centers all in One BundleGet ahead of the game on planning math centers for the the 2nd Half of the School year with this bundle. You can set your classroom up to tackle a wide array of math skills and focuses for each month from JanuaryPrice $40.00Original Price $50.00Save $10.00
- A Bundle of my August - December Math Centers Check out each month below: Hi Ho! Hi Ho! I'ts Back to School We Go! August Math Centers Fallin' Into Math September Math Centers Boo-tiful Math Centers on Parade - October Math Centers Party Like a Pilgrim November Math Centers Rockin' Reindeer DePrice $80.00Original Price $100.00Save $20.00
February is about lots of things - Black History Month, Dental Hygiene, Valentines Day - but let's face it - the kids are focused on the CANDY! These February math centers are full of candy because math is oh so sweet!
February Math Centers include:
It's Candy Time (2.MD.7)
- Students identify the time to five minutes on an analog clock or draw the hands after seeing time written digitally.
Gumdrop Graphing (2.MD.10)
- Students create a bar graph to show the number of each color of gumdrops shown on task card. Then students answer questions about their data/graph.
Chocolate Comparisons (2.NBT.4)
- Students use words and symbols to compare each set of numbers.
Tricky Treats (2.OA.2, 2.NBT.4, 2.NBT.8)
- Students read the equation on each task card and determine if it is true or false.
Confectionary Computation (2.OA.2, 2.NBT.5)
- Students solve each computation problem of adding a two digit and one digit number.
Peppermint Problems (2.OA.1)
- Students read and solve each word problem.
Candy Coins (2.MD.8)
- Students draw coins/bills to show each amount given.
How Many Licks? 3-Digit Addition with Regrouping (2.NBT.7)
- Students solve 3-digit addition problems using regrouping.
Subtraction Suckers - 3-Digit Subtraction with Regrouping (2.NBT.7)
- Students solve 3-digit subtraction problems using regrouping.
Twisted-Up Fractions (2.G.3)
- Students identify the fractions or color the candies show show a given fraction.
Cotton Candy Corrections (2.NBT.9)
- Students look at each double-digit addition or subtraction problem and determine what mistake the student made in solving their problem. After identifying the problem, students correctly solve the problem.
Pixie Sticks Tens (2.NBT.1.1)
- Students determine the number of tens that make up each number shown.
Mounds of Numbers (2.NBT.6)
- Students add together 3 and 4 two-digit numbers using regrouping.
Place Value Smarties (2.NBT.3)
- Students complete the chart to show each way of expressing the given numbers.
Answer keys included for most centers
Some centers have multiple versions with varying amounts of problems required (ex: one sheet would have 8 problems for students to complete, and the alternate version would have 12 - both versions include answer keys)
To see what is included, download the preview above.
Please ask any questions before purchasing.
Pleas note the product IS NOT to be redistributed or sold. You may purchase extra licensing to be able to share with a colleague.
Check out my other monthly math centers:
Hi Ho! Hi Ho! I'ts Back to School We Go! August Math Centers
Fallin' Into Math September Math Centers
Boo-tiful Math Centers on Parade - October Math Centers
Party Like a Pilgrim November Math Centers
Rockin' Reindeer December Math Centers
Snow Much Fun January Math Centers
Math at the End of the Rainbow March Math Centers
Roundin' The Bases April Math Centers