This 57 page download includes the following activities for your primary classroom during the month of February:
* Groundhog Editing – 4 sentences about Punxatawney Phil that students edit for capitals and periods
* Groundhog Math Story Problems – 4 story problems (addition and subtraction)
100th DAY (Because we don’t start until after Labor Day, our 100th day happens in February!)
* My Book About 100 with 4 pages: writing - Having 100 _____ would be a problem because…, I wish I had 100 _____ because…, If I had 100 dollars..., and drawing - This is what I will look like when I'm 100
* 4 Venn diagrams to compare George Washington and Abraham Lincoln (one with cartoon clipart, one with traditional drawings) – each Venn appears twice – one with lines, one without
* Noun or Verb? - 8 word cards with pictures to sort and recording sheet
* Valentine Compounds – 16 cards with half of a heart and a word. Students match to make compound word and write on a recording sheet (included)
* ABC Order - 8 word cards with pictures, directions, and recording sheet
* Antonyms - 12 word cards (6 antonym pairs) with directions and recording sheet
*Find as many words as you can in "Happy Valentine’s Day" (with letter cards for students to cut and manipulate)
* Valentine’s Day Word Search and answer key
* Hidden Picture - Solve addition and subtraction problems (more than 90 total) and color in the answers on the 120 chart to reveal a hidden picture. Answer key and 120 chart included. The hidden picture is a heart with the word LOVE.
* Conversation Heart Concentration - 8 conversation heart cards with cent amounts, 8 cards with pictured coins, and directions
* Counting Money - 3 sheets with coins for students to count
* Penny Penguin Math Story Problems (4)
* Pete Penguin Telling Time Story Problems (4)
* The next 2 pages are a bonus for your use if you'd like! The first is a letter I send home asking for treats for our class party. The 2nd is a confirmation for the item selected/assigned.
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
* 9 bookmarks for Black History Month – Each bookmark has a photo and a brief description of the person’s accomplishments.
* Word search and answer key.
Frames are from www.kpmdoodles.com and some clipart and backgrounds are from www.Scrappindoodles.com.