Also included in
- This is a leveled describing activity themed around monthly vocabulary. It includes describing activities for all 12 months, using real photographs (no clip art) to represent each word. With each month, you'll get 10 pictures, each with 3 levels of describing worksheets. You also get a pre-teaching$33.60$42.00Save $8.40
This is a leveled describing activity themed around monthly vocabulary. It includes describing activities for February, using real photographs (no clip art) to represent each word. You'll get 10 pictures, each with 3 levels of describing worksheets. You also get a pre-teaching page with hyperlinks for background information on the target word.
- Pre-Teach: Learn About the Vocabulary!
- Level 1: Answer Choices
- Level 2: Graphic Organizer
- Level 3: Written Description
An answer key is also included for Level 1.
How to Use:
- You may use these activities to move across levels (Example: 1st session you may review the Pre-Teach page, and then use Level 1 to highlight answers that describe the picture. 2nd session you may transfer this information into the graphic organizer. 3rd session you may use the graphic organizer to write a short description of the picture).
- You may have students who do not need Level 1. In this case, you may read a short story over the targeted vocabulary, then fill out the Level 2 graphic organizer, or go straight to Level 3 and write a short description of what you learned.
Breakdown of Levels
On this page, you get access to hyperlinked texts, videos, or photos that will assist in gathering background information over the targeted vocabulary.
In this level, your student is provided with answer choices (6 correct answers, 4 incorrect answers). Your student can look at the picture and color in the boxes that describe the picture. 4 boxes will remain uncolored since they will NOT describe the picture.
- Descriptive areas include: category, function/what it does, what it looks like, what it’s made of/comes from/character traits, parts, and where it’s found
In this level, your student is provided with a graphic organizer for describing. The graphic organizer looks at the same 6 descriptive areas (category, function/what it does, what it looks like, what it’s made of/comes from/character traits, parts, and where it’s found) but NO answer choices.
In this level, your student is provided with lined space for describing. This is where your student can write a few sentences (about a paragraph) over the picture to describe it. This worksheet may best be used after your student organizes their thoughts in Level 2.
Images may be related to:
•Other February-themed vocabulary
Valentine's Day Card, Box of Chocolates, Candy Hearts, Cupcake, Rose, Bow and Arrow, Groundhog, Blizzard, Hockey, Quilt.
*Also Included: Pre-Teaching Pages, Word Wall, and Answer Key.
If you like this resource, you might also like:
- Year-Round No Prep Leveled Photo Describing Worksheets (Save 20% by purchasing the bundle!)
Be sure to follow me so you catch all of my latest resources and deals. New products are 50% off for the first 24 hours, so following me saves you money!
If you have questions, feel free to ask!