**Updated file on 2/15/15 ~ typo corrected**
This February Poetry Pack contains 4 poems with daily extension activities and easy to use DAILY SHARED READING PLANS for Kindergarten and 1st grade that are Common Core Aligned – just print and slip right into your lesson plan book! The extension activities are great for your poetry center, can be done as a whole group, or independently.
My poems are always simple, rhythmic, and fun for students. A sample of the Shared Reading plans are included in the preview file if you would like to check them out. You will see how easy it is to fit in a little poetry every day!
For an entire year of poetry, check out my ULTIMATE Poetry Pack!
Link-The ULTIMATE Poetry Pack
In this pack, you will receive:
• Daily Shared Reading Plans for Kindergarten and 1st grade.
• 4 Original Poems (color & b/w)
- Groundhog Day
- I Love You More
- President’s Day
- Black History Month
• 4 Sequence the Poem Cut/Paste printables
• 4 Illustration Activities
• 4 Poem searches
• 4 Word Searches for each holiday
• 4 Writing Prompt Response Pages
• 4 Printable Extension Activities for each holiday
-Groundhog Day cut & paste recording sheet
-Valentine’s Day Photo & Poem gift for students to take home
-President Facts Sort - cut & paste
-Famous African Americans Sort - cut & paste
• 2 Matching Games for literacy centers. Color and B/W
- 18 piece rhyming match with recording sheet.
- 36 piece beginning sound match
• 1 Emergent Reader – I Love You More
I hope these resources enhance the month full of holidays in your classroom! Enjoy!
Clip Art, Backgrounds and Borders from: www.mycutegraphics.com
Backgrounds and Borders from TpT seller Lovin Lit http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Lovin-Lit
Martin Luther King & Famous African American Clip Art from:
Creative Clips by Krista Walden at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Krista-Wallden
Cara Taylor at http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Cara-Taylor-8656
Teachers Resource Force at