Build comprehension using these 6 Groundhog Day, Valentine's Day, and Presidents' Day-themed nonfiction short passages, each featuring informational text and 4 multiple-choice questions on one page. Paragraph topics include chocolate, conversation hearts, flower colors and their messages, Washington, Lincoln and more. The questions cover a variety of reading skills and are modeled after the types of questions on standardized reading tests. Great for February reading!
Readability is in the 4th-5th grade range. Please check the preview to help you determine whether or not they would be suitable for your students. 3rd graders can do these with teacher support. You can purchase with confidence, as I have 32 years of experience in preparing upper elementary students for standardized reading testing!
Here is what you get with this resource:
• Cacao Under Construction informational text and questions (1 page)
• Commander-in-Teeth informational text and questions (1 page)
• Flower Power informational text and questions (1 page)
• Furry Forecasters informational text and questions (1 page)
• Heart Art informational text and questions (1 page)
• White House Wrestler informational text and questions (1 page)
• Answer Key (1 page)
• TOU & Credits (1 page)
These passages have fun titles! As an added critical thinking BONUS, have students explain why they think the title of each reading passage was chosen.
I’d appreciate your purchase, your rating, and your feedback.
Thank you from The Brighter Rewriter!
► These February Reading Passages are longer versions of 4 of these mini-passages.
► Check out engaging Reading Passages both long and short.
► CLICK HERE to follow me for updates about new products, sales info & more!