This product includes two literacy and three math activities for the month of February. All activities are valentine/heart themed. Each activity includes colored and black-and-white card options and most also include differentiated recording sheets. All cards will need to be printed, laminated for durability, cut-out, and placed in a sensory bin or table.
1. Valentine Picture Hunt - Students pick a card, identify the picture and record either the first sound, last sound, medial sound, or spell the whole CVC word on their recording sheet.
2. Valentine Word Hunt - Students pick a card, read the word and color the corresponding picture on their recording sheet.
1. Heat Dice Comparing - Students pick a card, count the number of hearts on each dice, compare the numbers and record the greater number on their recording sheet.
2. Heart Dice Addition (to 10) - Students pick a card, count the hears on each dice and either write the total number of hears to write the entire addition sentence on their recording sheet.
3. Valentine Number Sense - students pick a number card and either record the number chosen and draw that many counters in a ten frame, or they can pick two cards and compare the amounts and record/draw counters for the greater number. There are also recording sheets to make teen numbers. Students pick a card and add that number to ten to make a teen number. Recording sheets include one with ten frames and one with just recording the addition sentence (10+___=___).
NOTE: I will be adding my sensory bin activities to a growing bundle and you can find that here:
Get it now, before the price goes up!