Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- Unlock the power of vocabulary with this year-long bundle of weekly vocabulary activities, lessons, and graphic organizers. Engaging and easy-to-use, this vocabulary curriculum uses popular picture books and meaningful vocabulary activities to teach four new tier 2 academic vocabulary words each weePrice $49.95Original Price $99.55Save $49.60
Grab 4 weeks of meaningful vocabulary activities for February for your 1st-3rd grade classroom! These vocabulary activities use seasonal picture books to teach tier 2 vocabulary words in an engaging way! This impactful routine will help your students master new vocabulary words each week while enjoying seasonal read-aloud books.
This February Vocabulary Activities Bundle includes these 4 weekly vocabulary units:
- Geoffrey Groundhog Predicts the Weather by Bruce Koscielniak
- Love, Splat by Rob Scotton
- Lincoln and Grace: Why Abraham Lincoln Grew a Beard by Steve Metzger
- The Mitten by Jan Brett
Throughout the week students practice the 4 weekly vocabulary words in a variety of ways and record their thinking in an interactive journal. A brief assessment can be done at the end of the week to see how well students have retained the new vocabulary words.
Note: While these units complement the mentioned picture books, they do not provide the text and the books are not required for utilizing the materials.
You’ll love how easy it is to implement this easy routine for meaningful seasonal learning and your students will love using the new vocabulary they learn!
Each unit includes:
- Vocabulary Words (for posting on the board during discussions)
- Word Cards that coordinate with the picture book
- Review activity that incorporates a lot of active participation
- Poster for displaying the words throughout the year
- Foldable Vocabulary Flaps (master)
- Vocabulary cards with photo support
- Interactive review PowerPoint
➜ Download the preview to see more of what’s included with each book unit!
Supports Common Core Standards (CCSS):
L.1.4, L.1.5, L.1.6
L.2.4, L.2.5, L.2.6
L.3.4, L.3.5, L.3.6
WHAT TEACHERS ARE SAYING
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is exactly what I was looking for. We have had some great discussions about the stories and about the words. My students love to "ding" and are finding the words in their own books. Thank you!” - Gayle H.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Jargon Journals were easily one of my 3rd graders' favorite parts of the week! I love them too, as the kids were really excited about expanding their vocabulary. Thank you!” - 3rd Grade Teacher
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Favorite TPT purchase. I love all the books and I now have a corner wall dedicated to all the JJ posters.” - Lacy M.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “These continue to be amazing every month. My students love these and look for opportunities to use the words throughout the school day. I can't thank you enough for all of your hard work!” - Tina D.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “Jargon journals are awesome vocabulary resources. They are so easy to use, ready to use and the kids enjoy them. I have been using them for a few months and look forward to the new ones every month!” - Traci C.
Bundle & Save!
Purchase the to get this resource as part of our year-long vocabulary bundle.
You may also like…
Copyright © Second Story Window
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.