February Writing Prompts: Task Cards (Grades 7, 8, 9)
Common Core Aligned
Give your students a choice with 2 unique writing prompts for each day of the month! 34 Task Cards with 75 original prompts commemorating holidays and celebrations, historical events, significant births and deaths, and interesting trivia!
Use as bell-ringers, class-enders, Writer's Workshop, or for readers’ and writers’ notebooks -- these writing prompts are versatile enough to be used in a variety of ways! You can even have students choose one of their drafts to extend into a full-length paper. Grading rubrics are included to make it easy!
Daily writing builds fluency, builds the habit of reflection into learning, and informally assesses students' thinking. They also help students become fluent, organized, confident, and skilled thinkers and writers!
Writing Prompts . . .
Activate prior knowledge
Help students make personal connections
Foster critical thinking
Prepare students for discussion
Increase background knowledge and broaden worldview (when shared)
Informally assess student knowledge about a given topic
Increase engagement in Think-Pair-Share activities
Help students brainstorm their thoughts
This 27-page product includes:
- 34 Task Cards containing 75 original writing prompts
- All cards provided in full-color and black-and-white
- Completion Checklist
- 2 Grading Rubrics (a 10-point scale and a 4-point scale)
- Student choice on every card, allowing students to choose the topic that most interests them.
- Some cards prompt students to draw or illustrate their responses
- Background Knowledge and explanations are provided.
- Challenging vocabulary is defined.
- A wide variety of topics and genres are included.
- Writing Prompts integrate a variety of disciplines and interests, including Science, Social Studies, Music, Art, Technology, Physical Education, Global Studies, Social Justice, and Language Arts.
You may also be interested in:
Valentine Writing Prompts: Task Cards (Grades 7, 8, 9)
Writing From the Heart: Heart Maps
I ♥ Followers!
Be the first to know about store discounts, free products, and product launches! Just click the green “Follow Me” star under my store name on this page or click the red “Follow Me” star on Literary Sherri
Not a seller yet? Click here to sign up
then leave a note in my Q&A . . . I’m glad to help you with tips and strategies that will reduce the TpT learning curve and help you off to a great start!