The assignment contains 28 questions about the U.S. Federal Bureaucracy. Students will learn about the development, organization, power, and criticisms of bureaucracy. I have included an answer key. Please message me if you have any questions.
*No prep lesson plan!
*The document can be uploaded to your website or Google Drive: please make sure, however, that it is password protected.
- Max Weber’s bureaucracy
- Iron triangle (Interest groups, congressional subcommittees, and agency bureaucrats)
- Growth of bureaucracy in the 20th century
- Pendleton Act
- Cabinet departments
- Government corporations,
- Independent agencies
- Regulatory commissions
- The authority of bureaucrats
- The number of federal employees
- Reforming bureaucracy
- Merit system
- Hatch Act
- Suggestions for making civil servants more accountable
- Difficulties in reforming the bureaucracy
- “Red tape”