Examining the Federal Judiciary Act of 1789
will help introduce your students to American Supreme Court Cases
for primary source analysis
and government investigation.
This 1-page handout provides the original legislation as well as the document image for students to analyze with guiding questions for a better understanding of American documents and, in this case, the Federal Judiciary Act of 1789
. Includes a significance wrap-up question in which students utilize all of the information to explain the significance of the legislation.
Answer Key is Provided!
All images and other primary sources collected from Library of Congress, National Archives or public domain.
Document image is not clear for text reading as all text is in reading block, but is provided for students to see actual document and to evaluate larger content such as dates and format.
See sample for actual product.
Great class or homework assignment!
• American Revolution Centers Investigation & Project Assignment Activity
• American Revolution SPRITE Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• Analyzing Documents on the American Revolution History Revolutionary War
• Declaration Causes Necessity (Arms) American Revolution Document Analysis
• Declaration of Independence American Revolution Document Analysis Activity
• Letter to Canada before American Revolution Document Analysis Activity
• Thomas Paine's Common Sense American Revolution Document Analysis Activity
See other Primary Source Analysis Activities in my TpT Store!
You may really like my U.S. Primary Source Analysis Bundle and My SPRITE Series!
Please visit my TpT Store for other great Social Studies, ELA, and New Teacher Resources. You will find:
Walking Tours through History, Archeological Digs, Bio Card Activities, Game Card Sets, Scavenger Hunts, Centers & Stations Activities, Interactive Lectures, Analysis Assignments, Student Review Materials, Role-Card Activities, Human Board Game Sets, & so much more!