Federalism. Checks and Balances.
Key words in the PowerPoint presentation include:
Checks and Balances
States power v. federal power
Jobs of the three branches
This PowerPoint presentation examines:
- Powers given to the states
- Powers given to the Federal government
- Shared powers
- Examining the three branches of government and what they each do
- How each of the branches “check” one another
- The process of impeachment
Overarching Question (Thinking Focus Question):
How did the Founding Fathers limit the power of government?
**CAN BE ALTERED!** This is lesson 6 of Forming a United States Government Unit. It comes with an engaging and visually appealing 27-slide PowerPoint presentation with easy to understand content illustrated with charts and pictures. This PowerPoint lesson is accompanied by a three-page graphic organizer - answer key included!
Here are other lessons in this unit you may be interested in:
Lesson 1: Articles of Confederation
Lesson 2: Northwest Ordinance and Shays' Rebellion
Lesson 3: Virginia and New Jersey Plans, Great Compromise
Lesson 4: Three-Fifths Compromise
Lesson 5: The United States Constitution
Lesson 6: Federalism, Checks and Balances
Lesson 7: Federalist v. Anti-Federalists
Lesson 8: Bill of Rights
UNIT: Forming a United States Government
Be sure to follow my store by clicking on the GREEN STAR next to my ZoopDog picture to receive notifications of new products. Thanks for stopping by my store!
- This product may NOT be copied and distributed outside of the scope of your classroom.
- This product may NOT be uploaded to the Internet or stored in a public retrieval system outside of the scope of the project itself (ex. your district website, slideshare.com, wikispaces.com, slideguru.com, your own personal website, etc.
- You may store this on your teacher website only if it is password protected.
- The slides included in this resource may not be used to create something new, and or distributed in any way without written consent from the author.