Be sure and click the PREVIEW
for lots of pictures!
Help make learning sight words, a lot more fun with this unique and interesting Feed the Wizard
Perfect for the beginning of the year
to launch excitement for word work, or use towards the end of the year
to reignite enthusiasm, so you can review and reinforce one more time.
These hands-on, engaging and fun resources incorporate ALL of the Dolch words
from the 5 lists.
Use it as a whole-group review game, or for centers, early finishers, small groups, homework, Daily 5
So that no one is frustrated or bored, you choose the words students work on, which will target diversity
; allowing you to have multiple-level
students working on the same activity, and following the same directions, while each child learns at their own speed and level
Students feel empowered
, while independence and self-esteem grows, freeing up the teacher.
This packet targets Dolch words, but because I’ve included blank templates
, you can program them for other word-wall sight words, CVC words, word family words, spelling words
This resource works perfectly with the large Word Wizard
packet, the Word Whiz
packet and the Magic Mirror
Click on the link to see all of the Wizard Word Work activities
The Packet Includes:
* 3 one-page “There Was An Old Wizard Who Swallowed A Word”
Dolch-word fairy tales. (There are 179 words in the pre primer
fairy tale; only 15 of them are NOT Dolch words. The primer
story has 207 words; only 17 are NOT Dolch words. The 1st grade
tale has 219 words; 30 are simple, but not on the lists.
Specific words are color-coded and bolded.
Children holding those word cards, "feed" them to the wizard when they are called for. They drop the card into the wizard's "mouth" which is the opening of the Kleenex box.
* 2 patterns for making a word-wizard to “feed”.
* 4 labels to decorate your Boutique Kleenex box wizard container.
* 2 patterns for students to make their own wizard to feed, using an
envelope. (1 for a boy & 1 for a girl.)
* 5 “Words I Fed My Wizard Today”
* 2 patterns for a star wand. (1 for teachers & a smaller one for
* 3 sets of pocket chart story cards, to match the Dolch-word fairy tales.
* 220 Dolch-word star cards to “feed” the wizard.
* A blank sheet of stars to program with other words, such as
word-family words, CVC words, spelling words, etc.
* A smaller set of 220 word cards for students to use with their
* For more practice, there's also a blank sheet of stars for them to
write the words on.
* A "What’s the Mystery Word?"
* A "Yippity Skippity Ziggity Zoo! I Know What’s Missing.
How About You?"
* A list of 16 ideas, activities & other games you can use the cards for.
* A certificate of praise.
* Detailed directions, with sample photographs.
I'm Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your kiddos have an absolute blast, as they become a whiz with words!