Also included in
- **SPECIAL HOLIDAY PRICING FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME** The mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum includes 8 units (40+ detailed, character education LESSONS) filled with hands-on and mindful activities that encourage children in Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade to build importantPrice $69.00Original Price $118.00Save $49.00
- Help kids in Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade identify feelings and manage emotions with this Social Emotional Learning (SEL) DIGITAL & PRINTABLE curriculum. You will have what you need to teach emotional awareness using 5 detailed lessons filled with engaging classroom tools (feelingPrice $17.00Original Price $25.00Save $8.00
- This mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 includes the PRINTABLE VERSIONS & DIGITAL VERSIONS of all 8 units. Each unit consists of 5+ detailed, character education LESSONS filled with printable and digital, interactive activities that encourage children to express themselvesPrice $114.00Original Price $190.00Save $76.00
- **SPECIAL HOLIDAY PRICING FOR A VERY LIMITED TIME** The mind + heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum BUNDLE includes 8 units for K-2 and 8 units for 3-5 (That's 80+ detailed character education LESSONS) filled with hands-on and mindful activities that encourage children in Kindergarten, first,Price $120.00Original Price $236.00Save $116.00
Help kids in Kindergarten, first grade, and second grade identify feelings and manage emotions with this Social Emotional Learning (SEL) curriculum. You will have what you need to teach emotional awareness using 5 detailed lessons filled with engaging classroom tools (feelings check-in chart, posters, & journal) and mindful activities that encourage children to express feelings in healthy ways and develop self-regulation skills.
Check out the DETAILED PREVIEW for a look at this SEL unit up close and the variety of lessons and activities included!
♥♥The mind+heart Social Emotional Learning Curriculum for K-2 is available for a SPECIAL LOW PRICE DISCOUNT. Get your entire year’s worth of lessons (40+ included) and activities to help young children to develop emotional literacy, self-control, and social competence TODAY! ♥♥
Through a variety of thought-provoking lessons, discussions, community building ideas, and tons of engaging activities…
- Children will identify their own and others emotions through facial expressions and body language.
- Children will label and identify 12 different major emotions and common terminology.
- Children will learn to express their feelings appropriately using “I feel…” statements.
- Children will connect experiences with the emotions they cause.
- Children will learn about the major parts of the brain that control their emotions.
- Children will learn ways to feel good and how to focus on positivity.
What does this unit cover?
Identifying & Labelling Emotions Lesson 1: teaches children to identify and label 12 major emotions and other terminology commonly used for those emotions with the use of emotions posters. Children will draw facial expressions, recognize their own emotions, and match emotions with words.
Labeling Experiences with Emotions Lesson 2: Teaches children to label different experiences with the emotion they cause. Children will share their own experiences with different emotions and complete various activities to help them with that.
Expressing Emotions Appropriately Lesson 3: Teaches children positive ways of expressing their emotions using appropriate language and “I feel” statements. Children will practice expressing themselves with a partner orally and through writing and drawings.
What Causes Emotions + The Brain Lesson 4: Teaches children that their brain controls their emotions and that certain parts of the brain control how they act and feel. Children will learn what those parts are and where they are through a brain craftivity and puzzle.
Thinking & Feeling Positive Lesson 5: Teaches children to name positive feelings, identify things they can do to feel good, and activities they enjoy. Children will focus on those positive feelings by creating a vision board, heart map, and reading positivity posters.
Activities included in the Emotions unit:
- Discussion Starters cards
- Interactive anchor charts
- Emotions posters
- Emotions picture sort
- Boardgame, card game, and matching game
- Emotions clip chart
- Feelings journal
- Brain craftivity
- Vision board
- Heart Map
- & more!
PLUS A BRAND NEW BONUS: Family Partnership Guide
Connect with and encourage families to take part in the social-emotional learning development of their child and the concepts you are teaching at school. Each unit includes a printable guide with a letter to families, strategies and activities they can try at home, and a book guide with video links.
WHY this is the ONE Social-Emotional Learning resource you need to teach kids about their emotions!
- Each lesson and follow-up activities can extend to cover your SEL time for a month! This is a flexible SEL curriculum that can be taught when teachers have time, while the recommendation is to teach a lesson once a week and extend it throughout the week with the follow-up activities.
- You will have what you need to facilitate meaningful discussions and impactful activities that build important social and emotional skills and grow your classroom community.
- You will save time as the planning is done for you.
- Since this is research-based and follows the CASEL framework for SEL, you know that you are covering the most important lessons kids need!
- It provides a TON of variety and includes activities that will engage students and help them build important emotional awareness skills.
- The lessons and activities work great for morning classroom meetings or end of the day lessons, for school counselors, classroom teachers, and in a homeschool setting.
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Elsie S. says, "This was perfect for my first graders to start understanding how what they say and do can change other students emotions or their own emotions. Thank you for making this wonderful resource!!"
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Katie T. says, "I was able to incorporate this product into monthly guidance lessons with 1st grade students. I appreciate having the lesson plans and materials to help teach and reinforce the importance of character education."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ Nicole H. says, "We start our morning using this resource, checking in with our feelings and starting the day on a positive note. Thank you for an easy prep resource that helps with the engagement of students!"
Try the SEL program that is needed in ALL classrooms!
Looking to incorporate more SEL in your literacy block? Use the Emotions Book Companions on 5 Popular Books to help!
Check out the other SEL units for K-2:
Stay connected with Proud to be Primary
♥Click HERE to follow our store and receive notifications of new product releases, sales, and freebies.
♥Join our email list and get weekly teacher tip emails and access to our FREE resource library.
♥Visit our website at Proud to be Primary for tons of engaging ideas for teaching kids!
♥Join our FREE Facebook group and connect with thousands of PROUD K-3 teachers.
Questions, suggestions, and feedback are always welcome.
Just use the “Product Q&A” tab and I will get back to you as fast as I can!
Please ask all questions before purchasing or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
©2013 to Present - Proud to be Primary - Elyse Rycroft