Also included in
- This mega bundle of social skills / regulation lessons, tools & activities combines all Dealing-With-Feelings storybook lessons, visuals (feelings scales / thermometers, calming cards, posters), games and activities and includes future Dealing-With-Feelings resources (including DWF guided-readinPrice $48.00Original Price $60.00Save $12.00
Feelings and Emotions Reader for Guided Reading starring the word 'am'.
This fun color and line-art Level A/B sight-word reader is an introduction to social emotional vocabulary. The readers, sentence puzzles, take-home student copies and other follow up activities make them Ideal for guided reading and SEL! This is a crossover of two resource lines in my store: The Dealing-With-Feelings resources (and therefore is an automatic update for many of you who own the #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle and The Sight-Word-Stages readers and follow-ups.
The Sight-Word-Stages readers are high-interest stories target specific sight words (I, am) while allowing early readers to maintain attention to the meaning in the pictures.
Reading the color version in a supportive setting (i.e. guided reading lesson), making cross-curricular connections (i.e. feelings and emotions) helps to ensure comprehension and interest.
The stories come alive in the initial sharing of the color copy. Following up with students’ own black line copies for them to color and practice printing sight words in context is well-received, and they are proud to take it home and share.
Reassembling sentences with colorful word and picture puzzles that match the reader make a fun literacy center that can be recreated at home with a copy students can color themselves!
Be sure to check out the preview and the features list below!
Personal Classroom Guided Reading Collection:
The Sight-Word-Stage Readers and Writing Sets are an ideal way to start a personal classroom Guided Reading library. Keep the colored copies to reuse year after year, and give students a personal copy to color and keep as familiar reading. There are always enough copies, and missing books are easily replaced!
The TpT Easel version is customized for students to trace, print, type, drag and drop featured sight words into the various formats of the reader. The visual self-check list is provided with fun digital thumbs-up stickers to slide into place as each learning task is completed.
Reading with a group?
A visual checklist is provided to keep students on task with their Sight-Word-Stages readers and follow-up activities, with the final item reminding them to practice reading their book, and reassembling the sentence strips (also included in color and black + white).
Features of the Sight-Word-Stages Readers Sets:
✔color version, and duplicated black and white copies for students included in 3 versions: 1) original reader 2) trace the sight word, 3) fill in the sight word 4) some sets (including this one) have one word to trace, and another to fill in
✔visual, color-coded/symbolic directional support
✔meaning supported by engaging pictures
✔two versions of matching sentence strips are included so students can reassemble the sentences (color and black and white)
✔Self-check checklists included in color and black and white to promote student independence
✔follow-up activity to reinforce the new sight word(s)
✔TpT Easel ready!
This resource is included in:
Try a free sample of the SWS stories!
- St. Patrick's Day Things - A FREE Sight Word Stages PreEmergent Reader
- T.F.R.T's Free Back to School sampler contains sample pages of SWS Lv A!
- Community Helpers - A FREE Sight Word Stages Lv B Reader
Sample Dealing-With-Feelings free!
❤️ When I Feel Lonely (TpT Easel compatible)
Thank you in advance, to those of you who generously take the time to leave feedback here. (And give yourself a little pat on the back, too - you will have just topped up your TpT credit balance!)
- The Kindergarten Start Up Bundle
- Free Sample: Flexible and Fun Reading Log alternative for K-1 students!
- Concepts about Print: Letters and Words Storybook Lesson, bulletin board, visuals and sorting activity!
- Feelings BINGO K-1 (Educlips version - 9 images per card)
- Feelings and Emotions dramatic play puppets, craftivity and figures
- Free Kindergarten Morning Greeting Song Slides | Distance Learning
More Sight-Word-Stages Reader and Writing Activity Sets:
- Emergent Reader | Shapes lesson - Circle
- Feelings Sight-Word-Stages Reader "I am feeling..." Lv AB
- Level aa Special Times of Year – 10 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- Cars | Monster Trucks 2pk Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- Level aa/1 Fall, Thanksgiving, Halloween Themed 5 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- Levels A/ B – 10 pack: Sight-Word Readers, sentence puzzles and more!
- ✨SEE WHAT'S NEW!✨
- ✅The Sight-Word-Stages Lv aa-B readers w/ follow-ups (color for classroom library, or use on tablet; differentiate by printing line-art versions, TpT Easel compatible) ✅
- ✐ More K/1 Literacy!
- ❤️All Dealing-With-Feelings SEL Resources❤️
- ❤️ The #DWF EVERYTHING Bundle! BEST VALUE! (all #DWF TpT products continuously added here!)
- ❤️ Dealing With Feelings 1st 7 Storybook Lessons
- ☻☺ Reading Buddy Activities for the whole year!
- ➪ The Complete Personal Printable Alphabet Book Kit with over 200 Line Art Images!
- ☀ Kindergarten First Grade Alternative Reading Log
- ❤️ Kindness Storybook lessons, bulletin board
Thank you for visiting my store! Please direct any questions you may have on the Q and A page of my store (by clicking my name at the top right), or email me at im@ThatFunReadingTeacher.com.
Please pop by for a visit on:
Sight Word Readers | Primer Sight Word Readers | Pre-Primer Sight Word Readers | Sight Words Reading | Sight Words Book | Sight Words Reading Homework | Sight Words Tracing | Sight Words spelling | Sight Words Reading Activities | Sight Words Fluency Readers | Sight Words Leveled Readers | Sight Words Fluency Readers | School Emergent Reader | Distance Learning