This 25-slide PowerPoint works wonders in creating a meaningful group discussion about August Wilson's play! Each slide contains a powerful question and relevant pictures to evoke higher-level thinking from students.
This Socratic Seminar presentation in pdf format has 25 slides for the play Fences. Each slide is rich with information and contains a discussion question, literary connection or device, and relevant pictures to spark lively conversation in your classroom! My students absolutely loved using this after we read the play!
Use the slides in the following ways:
1. Give each student a different question to explain.
2. Use select questions for class debate.
3. Give students each a different question as a writing prompt.
4. Divide students into groups and give a few questions to each group.
5. Use one slide each day throughout the unit as a warm up.
6. Of course, use the presentation to support classroom Socratic Seminar.
This presentation is a mixture of questions that can be used throughout reading and questions that are best after the book is finished.
If you like this product, consider these:
Fences 80 Question Quiz Pack!