If you're teaching August Wilson's play, Fences, you need this teaching bundle to help shape your unit and lesson plans. Included in this bundle:
• 56 task cards with engaging critical thinking questions for every scene of the play
• Anticipation guide
• Writing activities for each scene
• Troy as a tragic hero
• Uncle Remus allusion close-reading activity
• Characterization activities
• Video worksheet for film on the Negro Baseball Leagues (film available free online)
• Baseball terminology and allusions worksheet
• Character score chart for each scene
• Name meaning chart
• Fence motif chart
• Lloyd Richard introduction analysis worksheet
• Jackie Robinson video worksheet and "This I Believe" essay activity
• Close-reading and writing activities
• Final project with student samples
• Romare Bearden art analysis activity
• Detailed lesson plans on using paired poetry, including "Mother to Son" and "Dreams Deferred"
• Twitter task card activity
• And much more!
Note: This bundle INCLUDES my Fences task cards and anticipation guide.
The bundle is organized into folders to help you locate resources easily. While not a scripted unit plan with day-to-day lesson plans, there are plenty of resources to fill a month's worth of activities. The primary font used on the handouts is called Drift Type, and can be downloaded free online.
Resources were used in an 11th grade ELA class, but can be adapted for AP/Honors or lower-level students.
Check out my related American literature resources:
Their Eyes Were Watching God Worksheets, Projects, Unit Plan, Activities
The Crucible Unit Plan Bundle -- Worksheets, PowerPoint, Handouts
The Great Gatsby Unit Plan -- Quizzes, Worksheets, Activities, Close Reading
Some clipart created by Illumismart